The CAHS Prevention Team and other agency staff visited St. Francisville on Oct. 15, greeting dozens of people who drove through the “Driving Into Recovery” event at the West Feliciana Parish Library.
Attendees received information about substance misuse, prevention, and recovery, as well as food boxes, hot lunches, COVID at-home tests, children’s diapers, and resources for physical health and wellness. The CAHS team also distributed kits of Narcan, the opioid overdose-reversal medication.
Thanks to the following for their support:
- St. Francisville Prevention Collation
- Pafford EMS (Flu & COVID Vaccines)
- Deterra (drug disposal bags and food boxes)
- Priority Care (diaper distributions)
- Capital Area Recovery Program (CARP)
- Louisiana Sprit
- Louisiana Department of Health, Office of Public Health
- Central LA Area Health Education Center Marketplace
- Discovery Renew
- Love Me on Purpose
The Driving Into Recovery Initiative, which began in 2021, has been held in Baker, Donaldsonville, Plaquemine, Port Allen, New Roads, and St. Francisville.