Get help today: 225-925-1910 or 866-628-2133
CAHS is the single point of entry for people with developmental disabilities seeking government funded comprehensive services in the home or community.
A developmental disability can present special challenges for individuals and their families. We provide information, individualized service planning, and/or referrals to promote development, dignity and independence. All services are available to clients with developmental disabilities for those who qualify.
What is a developmental disability?
For those from birth through 9 years of age or older, a severe, chronic disability of a person that has a substantial developmental delay or specific congenital or acquired condition in a person from birth through age nine which, without services and support, has a high probability of resulting in the substantial limitations in adaptive function later in life.
For those 10 years of age or older, a developmental disability:
- is attributable to an intellectual or physical impairment or combination of intellectual and physical impairments and is not attributed solely to mental illness. The disability must also reflect the person’s need for a combination and sequence of special, interdisciplinary, or generic care, treatment, or other services, which are of lifelong or extended duration and are individually planned and coordinated.
- manifests before the person reaches age 22.
- is likely to continue indefinitely.
- results in substantial functional limitations in three or more of the following areas of major life activity: self care, receptive and expressive language, learning, mobility, self-direction, capacity for independent living, and economic self- sufficiency.
The key services we provide for our Developmental Disabilities clients include:
- Single point of entry for Office for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities (OCDD) services
- Flexible Family Fund for Children
- Residential placement services
- Habilitation/vocational contract services
- Respite services
- Service coordination
- Crisis assessment
- Waiver certification
- Psychological services, including diagnosis and evaluation
- Referral for positive behavioral supports/behavior modification
- Applied Behavior Analysis therapy for persons with autism