We all have a role in helping people with disabilities, especially as they face many challenges in their everyday lives.
Those challenges include things we take for granted like getting dressed, taking a shower, cooking meals, driving a vehicle or accessing transportation, and communicating with others.
About CAHS’ services
CAHS’ Developmental Disabilities Services Division offers a comprehensive array of services that promote inclusive community living for persons with disabilities. Following are just some of the assistance available:
· Single-point of access to services
· Supported employment
· Residential services
· Early Steps for children under age 3
· Personal and respite care services
· Nursing facility placement
· Home- and Community-Based Waiver Services
How we help
Our staff guides individuals and families through the application process, including the technical aspects of understanding eligibility requirements and qualifications. In case you missed it above, click here to see our brochure of services and contact information.
To start the eligibility process or for more information, please call 225-925-1910 or 866-628-2133 (toll free), Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
How you can help
· Learn about the rights of people with disabilities by researching the American with Disabilities Act or contacting a local advocacy group such as Disability Rights Louisiana at 800-960-7705.
· Volunteer with organizations that serve persons with disabilities, such as Families Helping Families of Greater Baton Rouge (225-216-7474).
· Help fundraise or donate to organizations that support individuals with disabilities