CAHS’ School Based Behavioral Health Program reported that 227 children enjoyed its Summer Enrichment Program that was held in five parishes.
Students attended camps between June and July and participated in activities that emphasized positive self-esteem and affirmations. CAHS’ school based therapists served as the program’s counselors and guided exercises that emphasized kindness and how words and actions affect self-esteem.
At Jackson Elementary School in East Feliciana Parish, students participated in activities about teamwork, working cooperatively, and communicating effectively. Teamwork exercises included the use of colorful parachutes and hula hoops to make the learning fun.
“Through the exercise, students learned that working as a team helped them achieve their goals more easily and effectively,” said CAHS School Based Therapist Amy Christian.
The program included other engaging activities where children decorated hats and other clothing to illustrate the unique beauty in every person.
The program was held in the following parishes and schools:
- Ascension Parish: Central Primary School
- East Baton Rouge Parish: Broadmoor Elementary, Capitol Elementary, Highland Elementary, La Belle Aire Elementary, and Magnolia Woods Elementary
- East Feliciana Parish: Jackson Elementary
- Iberville Parish: Dorseyville Elementary
- West Baton Rouge Parish: Cohn Elementary